Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Eventful Night

Unfortunately the night had some drama to it. The power went off before the kids went to bed, but they turned the generator on. The problem is (and I may have said this before), they turn the generator off about 1 AM. So at 1 all power goes off. I turned on the flash light on our phone...which is a crazy bright LED. Martin then woke up somewhere around 2 or 2:30. He did pretty good and by that I mean he looked over the side of the bed which is where the shadows are created. He did that several times in a span of about 20 minutes, but never did he say anything, whine, cry, nothing. Several times I thought he was asleep or almost asleep.

Well then he popped up and sat in his bed staring behind the cabinet which holds our clothes. He didn't say anything and I told him it was just the shadows. Well he didn't really want to lay down, and I was trying to make it less drama so we started talking. We talked about America and all the fun things that we would do. I laid down (in my bed) and in a few minutes he laid down. After talking for a while (I am guessing 15-20 minutes) I said OK we need to be quiet so we don't wake up Rose. He did and laid there and eventually his eyes started closing and he went to sleep...till about 8 this morning.

Kam-Ro had a much better night. She cried out a couple of times, but both were VERY short lived with no real drama.

So pray for Martin...he handled it VERY well last night and he had a reason to be a little freaked out. The thing I am happy about is he didn't whine and cry and he was able to talk with me about what was going on. My other prayer, and honestly this is my BIG one, is that there is no carry over. That tonight he goes to bed with no problem and if he wakes up in the night he is able to just go right back to sleep. Also that the power stays on, because I 100% think that was why he didn't immediately go back to sleep last night. I want to keep giving things to pray for, because I want to make sure we cover all the bases (but that is what I think Jesus was talking about when he said they think they are heard because of their many words). So just pray as God leads you to pray for Martin!

The power is still off, we are around 14 hours without power (we did have the generator for some of that time), so my battery is waining. I am going to email Kasey and then shut it down so that I can talk to her later (if the power doesn't come back on before then)

LOVE YOU ALL
brad

No comments:

Post a Comment