Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Nile...

Well our day is winding down. Kam-Ro is off and on crying, but as I told Kasey last night sleep is beginning to win the battle. Martin is laying in his bed relaxed and will VERY soon close his eyes and go to sleep...I think he could have went to sleep by about 6 tonight, he looked exhausted!

Here was the day...

Went to go to the Source of the Nile and the Nile Falls today in Jinga. First we went to the Source of the Nile...it is awesome to see where such a significant river starts! Then the Nile Falls, which we went to last week as well, and it was still awesome. Ben (our Longview friend) was with us and he loved it! I know it is a LONG WAY to Egypt, but to think about what happened in that river and how it impacts followers of Christ is amazing!

We then headed back to Kampala. I now know why I don't go out after about 4 or 5. The traffic is crazier than it normally is. We took Ben to the Nakumatt (grocery store) which is where the bus for Kenya leaves from. He got on the bus and is traveling right now. I am so glad he got to see our kids and be here for these few days. It is funny to think someone we haven't seen in several years is the first person from the states (besides our new friends here) to see our kids...a cool story I think, for him and us.

On the way home today Martin saw a truck with tarps covering something in the back. He lend forward and said to Richard (our driver), "Fish in the truck". Richard said, "How did you know that". Well a couple of weeks ago we were traveling with Farouk and Farouk told him what was in the back of the truck (because Farouk knows how much the boy loves fish). So Martin remembered that and I guess he thought Richard didn't know, so he told him. VERY COOL!

Well it is looking more and more like I will be getting ready to get on a plane this time in two weeks. We would have loved an earlier ruling...and it still may happen, but we are preparing for September 8th as if that is date. We believe we will get our writing ruling on September 9th (it takes some time to finalize it after they read the ruling to you, which is what the 8th is). Then we will be at the Embassy on September 12th. One of the ladies that is here had her Embassy interview today, everything went great, the lady approved her visa and said it would be ready by Friday at noon. With that being the case for us, which is what they told us all along, I would have the visas on September 14th...and I don't think anyone could stop me from getting on a plane that day!! It also is looking more and more like our friends from Texas (Chasity Cole and her 2 boys) will be on the same flight home, how awesome and crazy would that be!

Well during the making of this post two children fell sound asleep! So I am going to makes some calls...btw I have time in the evenings (early afternoon for you all) if any of you wants to talk I can call you. We have skype set up where we pay one monthly fee and get unlimited calls to the US. Just in case any of you are missing me...I know I am missing you! Let me know!

LOVE YOU ALL
brad

3 comments:

  1. I am missing you babe! I wish I could talk to you more- too bad work gets in the way!!! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, miss you, my brother, and look forward to seeing you all in two weeks or less. God with you! Peace! Love you! tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can call me via Skype dawn.dawson6785 emailed while back to u but box was fool. Off til wed. Love to hear from u! Love ur sister

    ReplyDelete