Friday, August 19, 2011

short days

The kids are going to sleep and by that I mean Martin is out and Rose is screaming (although not at the moment).

God is so gracious (most of us realize that, and I certainly do through this journey) and I mean this in a very specific way. These last 4 weeks have flown by...now I must say the first week or so didn't feel like that, but looking back they did. Even more than that I thought this week would DRAG, so on Sunday I just prayed that God would allow the days to seem fast...and well this week doesn't even seem like it happened!! Tomorrow Kasey and Kate get on a plane and this time in two nights we will be on our way to pick them up from the airport! Those of you that know me well know that I don't dance...today I danced...twice...it made the kids die laughing and Martin said, "Daddy funny".

A book I just got through reading talked about how our God is a God of celebration and that at times we just need to dance...well I did and you know what I felt the joy of the LORD. NOW don't get scared I am not going charismatic, just biblical!!

Our day was fun. I had Jude (obviously with Martin and Rose) from about 10:30 to almost 7:30...their judge is NOT time sensitive. But the kids had fun! We played outside, went to eat, took naps (all but Martin and I), played outside some more, ate (fish and chips Kasey), and then Jonathan and Chasity got back and we got ready for bed! So we had a good day...especially knowing 1/3 of the family is about to be on their way here!

You all have a great rest of the day, mine is almost over! (and for the record she is screaming again)

LOVE YOU ALL!
brad

No comments:

Post a Comment