So today was a good day from the kids perspective. Happy no real drama, except some fits from Kamrynn Rose who didn't sleep well last night and took a short nap today! I did start her on a round of antibiotics, because Kasey and I both feel like we are dealing with an ear infection or something causing her restlessness.
But around 3 I started getting very emotional and feeling very down. We have new friends here (Chastity and her 2 boys Levie and Jude which she is adopting) and she has had her mother and friend with her, well they are boarding a plane tonight to go back to the states...they live in Sherman so we have new friends that live fairly close to us with two Ugandan children around our kids ages...pretty cool!
ANYWAY I thought maybe I was having flashbacks to Kasey leaving. I thought maybe the night had just caught up with me. I thought maybe I ate something (probably not that, but you get the idea that I didn't know why).
I started texting Kasey pouring out how hard of time I was having and we started talking about the Spiritual Battle that is going on for Martin. I also hate writing stuff like this because I don't want to sound like some fanatic, BUT I have realized something...I don't care! What is happening in Martin is what happens to MOST adopted kids, but that doesn't mean it is not Spiritual. We have made so many things psychological or explained them with science that we miss what Scripture says...OUR BATTLE IS NOT AGAINST FLESH AND BLOOD. God doesn't give anxiety, fear, etc...so it has to Satan, yes it is from the circumstances he has been through, BUT Satan is using them to bring fear to Martin.
So I began to ask God for His presence and strength, because I didn't know what else to pray! And He did (because He is good). So Martin going to bed was freaked out, which has not been the case going to bed the last few nights...that usually happens during the night. So I began telling him of the love of Jesus, "perfect love drives out fear". And I quietly prayed, hard, constantly, powerfully for God to stop Satan from bringing this fear and for him to know the love of the Father! Slowly he relaxed and is now asleep.
Here is why I was tired...this battle is taxing. To stay constantly in prayer for one thing so hard while Satan is trying to thwart your prayers and continue to bring all these emotions to Martin, it is hard! But I am resolved...pray with me that Martin would be protected from the attacks of the enemy. They are real, I believed in Spiritual Warfare because Scripture talked about, but now I am seeing it. I am seeing it in the attitude, fears, body language of my little boy! It doesn't matter what any 'professional' says, this battle will be won in pray!
For RBC people, there is at least one, but maybe more sermons on Spiritual Warfare coming! When you see prayers just totally relax a boy that is completely restless...you know it is real!
God is good and don't be fooled Satan is real, defeated by the cross, but real!! He has no power which is why he fights so hard!! We can simply stand in prayer and know that victory is ours!!
Love you all...God Bless
brad
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It was so good to see you and talk to you today! We are praying for you and your precious Martin and Kamrynn. We know Satan has lost the battle and we are more than ready for him to flee from you and your children. I also hugged and loved on your sweet family here! We love all of you so much!
ReplyDelete