Monday, August 15, 2011

Another Good One...

Last night was not as good as the night before, but it was good. Martin woke up at 3 and wanted me to sit on my stool beside him, so I sat up in the bed and said he needed to go back to sleep...he did pretty quickly and without much drama. Rose woke up about 1 AM (I think...times get a little fuzzy when your sleepy, but pretty quickly went back to sleep. She also woke up at 5:45 which woke Martin up and I thought the night had come to an end (and I was not happy about that) so I began praying. Martin went to the restroom, I gave Rose a drink of juice, and prayed (some more). Martin laid back down and didn't make another peep...went right back to sleep. The next thing I know Rose is standing up in her bed and it is 7:40 (PRAISE THE LORD). So although Rose woke up (which she didn't the night before) and Martin woke up twice...I would call it a successful night!

So here is my Spiritual thought from the last two days. Yesterday was a rough day for me, not emotional, just tired and a little testy with the children...and they were a little testy too (basically like any child can get, nothing that was crazy bad). Last night God convicted me that I wasn't seeking him yesterday (you think I would have that one down). I got up and didn't take time to read Scripture, I thought I will be back early enough to do it later. I also didn't really fervently pray to start the day...or for that matter through the day. I prayed, but it was one of those things that I felt like my prayers were just hitting the ceiling. The reason being I was doing it as an after thought or some kind of routine instead of seeking God.

I am finishing up a book right now "Celebration of Discipline" which is an old book that is timeless as far as putting ourselves in a disciplined position to hear from God, experience Him, and ultimately follow Him. One of the things it talks about is first thing in the morning when you wake up to begin by telling God you want to follow Him, you want Him to be in charge, you want to "walk by the Spirit" (you get the idea). The other thought I had was that I want prayer to be my first response...then I thought for a second and realized that wasn't right...I want prayer to be THE response. We are to pray without ceasing, so that means prayer (communion with God) is to be everything that we do!

So last night I prayed that God would allow me to wake up this morning and start it focused on Him. I also got up and first thing was read the Word (before email, blog, or anything else). I also came across the next passage I feel lead to memorize - Hebrews 4:12-16...the last verse means so much to me right now..."Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

I almost hate to ask this, but I feel compelled to so here goes. All through this journey we have prayed for a miracle...mainly that God would get us home quickly. Well that miracle was not in God's plan and ultimately Martin and Kamrynn Rose as well as myself and Kasey, needed this time to give us the focus on Christ that we needed (I know that is going to be a daily process, even in the US, but it has shown me so much that I believe God will use to keep us focused on Him). So that is why I don't really want to ask this, because God has done so much in our time here that I don't want to rush to get out if there is more, BUT I do feel like God is drawing our time here to a close and that He is preparing us to be back together. So this one may actually be in His will. I mentioned last night that if the judge gives a ruling on August 23rd we could have our Visa Interview with the US Embassy on the next day, and potentially be heading home all together on the 26th (or somewhere around that day). So I am asking for this miracle (Kasey has already started asking people). It is long of a shot as getting a court date before July 15th was, but the same God that called us to be here for the long haul can call us back to our home very quickly! So let's pray that we would be home all together by the end of next week! Let's see what God's will is in this matter and rejoice no matter what He has in store for us!

I am excited to be back home, I am excited to see all of you, I am excited about what God has in store for our family...the truth is this is a new beginning for our family both with 2 new children and along with that (and ultimately more important) it is a new beginning for us Spiritually!!!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!
brad

No comments:

Post a Comment