So the day was VERY good (still can't say great because we weren't all home - or at least not all here...MISS YOU SAM). We went to the market this morning and had fun buying some more stuff! We also have a good friend from Longview, TX here with us (Ben Carroll) so it is fun having him around!
After the market, we came back to Emmaus and got Kasey and Kate packed. Which Martin was much better with Kasey packing this time. I think he developed a lot more trust in the fact that Kasey (and Kate) did come like we said they would, so now I think he may actually believe that he is getting on a plane to come to America.
We then went to the zoo which was awesome (I will post pics on the web album tomorrow, because after this post I am going to bed). Kate, Martin, and Kam-Ro all had a great time, except when Kamrynn got chased by a monkey. That is not some figure of speech either, she got chased by a monkey, screamed her head off and daddy had to chase her down and run the monkey off!
We then ate dinner and Kate wanted to share a pizza with daddy and then share a milkshake with daddy. Kasey asked how I could say no to that...I replied I'm not going too!
The good-bye at the airport was HARD, but not NEAR as hard as last time. This time the good-bye was with court behind us and a ruling on its way (hopefully before September 8th). When we left Kamrynn-Rose just stared at the door that Kasey and Kate went into. When we got in the car Martin started tearing up, I pulled him in my lapped cried with him and told him I missed mommy too and that we would all be home together soon. That is the first time I have seen him cry out of a sad emotion. I truly believe that things are in a great place with him and that this time spent here bonding will prove to be so beneficial after we are home!
Also bed time was EASY tonight. I think the trust level has gone way up and that the really rough nights are behind us, I know it may be rough from time to time, but I think all in all we are going to be good!
Thank you for your prayers. Pray for Kasey and Kate as they should be getting ready to take off right now! I will update whenever they get to Amsterdam!
LOVE YOU ALL
brad
Friday, August 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I had to giggle at the monkey chasing Kamrynn. Reminded me of the time I was chased by a crazy goose when I was little at a zoo. I screamed my head off and ran all over the place trying to get away from it. I am certain it would have killed me had it gotten ahold of me. You were much more helpful than my dad was. He could not help me for laughing so hard!!!! He still till this day thinks it is quite funny when it is brought up. Glad ya'll had a great day and can not wait for all of you to get home!
ReplyDelete