Today we went to African Market with our friends. I know some of you are saying isn't it by definition an African Market...NO. Many of the things here in Kampala are trying to appeal to the desire of many Africans to be Western...so you have many shops with things very similar (not exactly) but similar to things we have in the US. So the African Market has things that are made right here in Africa (or at least have an African flare).
Kasey and I went to this particular market to do our souvenir shopping, but I bought a couple of things today. I bought a pair of sandals. Many of you know that most of the time I wear my sandals, and some people affectionately refer to them as my Jesus sandals...well these are much more like Jesus sandals...strap across the large part of the foot and strap across the big toe...I just thought they were cool. They won't get a ton of wear because they are not meant to last for a long time, but they will come out on special occasions! I also bought Kate and Sam t-shirts that say Mzungu...which is what they call us white folks...it is not meant to be demeaning in anyway, just their word for us.
After that we went and ate and then came back for naps. Kamrynn Rose had to be woken up from her nap because it was 4 PM. After that we went outside and played, ate dinner, and then got ready for bed...which was VERY successful (except as I type this Rose decide she is going to cry...I am guessing it will be short lived).
Tomorrow and Friday I am playing babysitter for our new friends...I say that more as a prayer request for them. They have two boys that are not siblings so they have 2 different court dates. The lawyer suggested them not bringing the other child to court. So tomorrow they have Jude's hearing (with the same judge we have), so I will be keeping Levy. Friday they have Levy's hearing (different judge), so I will be keeping Jude. Pray for them, they are awesome people that love the LORD and I want God's favor to rain down on them and their hearings, so pray for Jonathan and Chasity Cole before you go to bed the next couple of nights (since their hearings will be while you are asleep).
Pray also for a good nights sleep, we are making SO much progress in that (and other areas), but keep praying for the kids to sleep ALL night without waking up!
LOVE YOU ALL
brad
BTW - Rose gave it up and is now asleep...so I am about to call the most beautiful woman in the world that will be here in 4 days (almost 3)
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment