I don't mean to sound dramatic, but you know you have prepared and prepared for something and all of a sudden the time comes...well that is where we are. Court is tomorrow at 9 AM...which is a little sureal at this point. Pray, pray very hard. I can say without hesitation I want to come home. I want our family together.
Today has been a glimpse of what that will look like. We have seen several things today. First of all Martin has followed Kate and mimmicked her (which I can't think of a kid I would rather him mimmick). Martin typically wants to be in control, but based on today that seems like something he has had to do verses something that comes natural to him. He has been GREAT today and Kate has already been a good influence on him...that even translated to him laying down to go to bed and closing his eyes and going to sleep with no assistance from Kasey or I...that makes me especially happy! All the work that has been put in over the last 10 weeks has born more fruit in one day than all the others combined...it is great to see.
Kamrynn Rose was not sure about the whole situation at the beginning of the day, but after nap something clicked and all of a sudden mommy is the greatest thing since scrambled eggs (I know it is sliced bread, but she really likes scrambled eggs). She has been all about mommy and that makes daddy happy (and mommy too)
As for Kate, she continues to be the same kid as in America. She is mother hen...she has done everything she can today to love on Martin and Kamrynn Rose (and that includes smothering Kamrynn multiple times...but that is her way to show love). Her and Martin tickled each other in the car, played soccer outside, and just had fun! It was awesome to watch all the interaction! It was a glimpse, but until we are ALL home it is only a glimpse of how good it is going to be!
Sam is doing great at his best friend Wesley's house (Wesley is pronounced Wes-uh-lee in the Sam dictionary of names). We talked to him earlier and he was playing legos and wanted us to see his creation...and it was a great creation!
Kasey got three of her favorites today...fish and chips, pancakes (but they have to be Livingstone's), and Coke (the pure sugar cane Uganda variety). So she is happy!!! I think it doesn't hurt having most of the family together either!!
Thank you all again for everything. People keep asking what they can do (and I don't say this trivially), the best thing ANYONE can do right now is pray! This is in God's hands (not a judge) and I can't think of anything better right now than for all of you to approach the throne of grace on our behalf, so that we can recieve mercy and find grace in this time of need! God is gracious, it is in His hands and His time...our prayer is that time is NOW!!
LOVE YOU ALL
brad, Kasey, Kate, Martin, and Kamrynn Rose (and by proxy Sam)
Monday, August 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Praying for your court date.
ReplyDeleteLet's do this thing!!! Go team!
ReplyDeletelove you and praying for you! you've been on my mind all day today!
ReplyDeleteWe pray the Presence of the Lord with you all. At the moment, He is in the midst of the court scene watching over you all. God bless Peace! tim
ReplyDelete