Monday, August 8, 2011

WOW

As Kasey said last night going to sleep was a MAJOR step.

Martin woke up about 4:50 which is about 2-3 hours later then he has been (that was awesome). He didn't even ask me to come to his bed. He laid there for a few minutes and ever once in a while he would open his eyes and I would say daddy is here, it's OK. After a few minutes he propped his head up on his hands and wouldn't lay back down. I had grace and got the stool and went and sat by his bed. He then laid down. It took about 45-50 minutes for him to go back to sleep, but he did (with no more fighting). He woke up after 7:30 and I praised and praised him for sleeping without daddy on his bed. He seemed proud, which he should be.

There is definate progress, as Kasey said we have a ways to go, and I know there will be set backs from time to time, but last night was huge. What I noticed more than anything was although he wanted me on his bed, he has the security for me to not be on his bed. Our prayer has been for him to feel the love and security of the Father...and God is obviously showing that to him...and we get to be a part of that...HOW AWESOME!

Love you all...blessings!!
brad

No comments:

Post a Comment