So last night was better in some ways...and worse in others, but overall I believe there is some slow progress.
Kamyrnn Rose woke up 4 times, but all 4 times went right back to sleep with a little help from some juice...thank you Kasey for that suggestion (I tried water the night before and that was a NO go, but juice did the trick). Martin did his usual waking up between 2-3 and went back to sleep till 4:40, but was awake from then till 6. The saving grace for me was that he slept till 7:47 so I got a little more rest at the end of the night.
Here is what I am seeing. I think Martin is not as scared any more. We have been praying for protection from fear and I believe it is (has already) happened. He does not wake up screaming and very rarely does he get into a fit because of thinking he saw something. What I believe our prayer (and by that I mean us and all of you that have been praying) should be now is for love/security. Martin knows we love him, I truly believe that, but he is not secure in that love. I believe he questions will the love be there for good, will it keep me safe, will they hurt me, etc?
So join me in this prayer. I know many of you have already prayed in this way, so keep at it. When Martin becomes secure in the love of the Heavenly Father, I believe he will find security with us and feel completely safe.
Thank you for everything. Today marks the halfway point between when Kasey left and her and Kate are coming back.
Love you all
brad
Friday, August 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment