I didn't post this morning because we were off early to the embassy and the Karama House to take more supplies to the children. So here is last night and today...
Last night was the best nights sleep I have had since Kasey left. Martin woke up at 3:45 and said daddy and then didn't make another peep...I say he woke up, but I really think he just said it in his sleep. Rose didn't make a peep the whole night. Martin woke up at 6 (which felt like about 10 with as much sleep as I got), but laid there calmly till about 6:30 when the sun was coming up. Keep praying for uninterrupted nights of sleep...God is answering that prayer.
The day was good. I got some things in line at the embassy...mainly just answers to some questions. We set up our Visa Exit Interview. Actually she scheduled us for the day after court and the Monday following court, so if we get a ruling that day (which is HIGHLY unusual, but we serve a great God), we could be at the appointment on Wednesday, visas by Friday and on a plane home altogether...not much sounds better to me than that. BUT I am very much good with having the interview on the following Monday...just pray for a fast ruling!
The Karama House was fun. We took sugar, beans, soap, Vaseline, mosquito net, and some other stuff. While we were there the house mothers came up to Farouk, very tentatively, and told him that they needed a couple of baskets for food and that the bowls that they cook in were worn down. Farouk says they usually ask Kristine (his wife) because he gives them a hard time about waiting till something breaks (Farouk is a VERY funny man that likes to give people a hard time), but since she wasn't there and they needed it they ask him. So we ran back into Jinga and purchased those items.
We got home and had a pretty uneventful night. Again pray for good sleep. I told Kasey I have been exhausted all day, but I think my body realizes how much it has been missing sleep and now is wanting more! God is so gracious and has been answering the prayers for the children (and the rest of the family) so keep lifting them up!
6 nights from tonight we will be driving to Entebbe to pick up Kasey and Kate...that is SO good!!!
Love you all..thanks for what you have meant to our family in this time
brad
Monday, August 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I told Kasey the other day that I should be over there for y'all since I don't sleep anyway!!! Ha! Now you can see why I really would've been no good for youth camp.....I operate (or should I say malfunction) on constant exhaustion. I hope you all get a complete night's rest soon! God made our bodies to require sleep & when we lack that, all sorts of things get out of whack! Take care brother!
ReplyDelete