Well...Brad called earlier and said bedtime was so good tonight. The power went off before supper, so that's never a good thing for bedtime. It came on before bed, so Brad thought smooth sailing! When the lights went off, Brad sat on a stool near the bed instead of on Martin's because we're trying to get Brad off Martin's bed! Martin whined a little, but Brad rubbed his head and after just a few minutes, Martin relaxed and went to sleep. He is making progress in so many ways. We still have a ways to go, but we are moving in the right direction.
Brad had an emotional day - part of it just because there are emotional days being away from home and partly because of missing Mabel's service today. I cannot tell you how many tears I shed in Uganda, but it was a lot! It's so overwhelming when you've been away from home so long and when things are so unfamiliar. But, he said all in all, it was a good day with the kids. I miss the 3 of them so much! Keep praying that we will all be united very soon!
Brad and I were talking today and realized that 2 months ago today I was on a plane starting this crazy ride! And 1 month today is his set return flight. So, if all goes smoothly, in 1 month he should be home or on his way home!! We are praying fervently for that!! So, to think our journey is about 2/3 of the way through sounds encouraging!
Kate got her passport in the mail Saturday, and she is so excited. We fly out on the 20th. She is super excited! I can't wait to see her there! And Sam is ready to stay with his best little friend - I think he's going to be just fine!
I'm sure Brad will post tomorrow, so you'll have direct info from Uganda. With Mabel's service, our schedule talk time was pushed a little later, so I offered to post today so that he could go ahead to bed. He texted me a few minutes ago (about 1:30 am there) and said Kamrynn Rose was crying. He's been letting her take a few sips of juice to calm back down, but he forgot to get it from the kitchen tonight. So...being a very responsible mom, I suggested he give her a smartie to help her calm down before she woke up Martin! I know, not something you'd find in any parenting book, but desperate times call for desperate measures! And...it worked! He texted me back just about 10 minutes later and they were going back to sleep! :) Chalk one up for the smarties!
Love you all and have a good rest of the day!
Kasey
Monday, August 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment