Saturday, August 13, 2011

What a difference a night makes...

So I got woke up at 3 AM to Rose standing in her bed saying, "daddy, daddy" (which I will say was pretty cute). I look over and Martin is propped up in his bed...so I don't know if he was awake or if she woke him up. I went to Rose and put her back down and she didn't make another peep. I look over and Martin is laying down with his eyes closed, not asleep, but eyes closed. So I go to the restroom and come out and sit on the bed (my bed)...I quickly realize he is not asking or even wanting me to do anything...he is trying to go back to sleep on his own. So I lay back down, I tell him I love him and he is doing good. After a few minutes I tell him to go to the restroom...he does, and comes back out, lays down and closes his eyes. All in all it took about 20-30 minutes for him to go back to sleep, but he did it on his own. I go back to sleep after telling Kasey the good news and I wake up to a rousing, "Good Morning Daddy" from Martin at about 6:30...and I praised and praised him. I let him play the ITouch while Rose finished sleeping and then they both got cookies.

Some of the differences in the night and nightly routine. I didn't let him have anything to drink after about 5:30, except water at supper. I also did not wake him up as I have been doing the previous 3 nights. We always play music at night, but last night before I went to bed I put it on a recording of Kasey singing and had it repeat that song all night...so when he did wake up he heard mommy singing (over and over again, but he heard mommy). Kasey also gave him the incentive of matching PJs with Sam if he could be a big boy. My incentive is that the ITouch is only to be played whenever he sleeps good. NOW what I believe...God is answering prayers...yes he may be using those things, but it is his work. I continued last night to pray for protection for all 4 of our kids from Satan's attacks and that God would give us an uninterrupted night. Well it wasn't completely uninterrupted, but I believe it is coming! Mark 8:22-25 recounts the story of man that Jesus healed of blindness...at first Jesus ask him can you see and he said I see men walking, but they look like trees...then Jesus laid his hands on him again and he saw clearly. Sometimes in our lives we have partial 'healing' and eventually God will bring the completed work. Right now we see men as trees here, but soon we will see everything clearly...and worship God for His completed work!

So that is where we stand right now...I am still tired, not exhausted...but I am ready for the day. We are going to go eat breakfast soon and get ready to worship with our Ugandan church family at Watoto.

LOVE YOU ALL
brad

No comments:

Post a Comment