Wednesday, August 10, 2011

LONG UPDATE

I write the title thinking that is going to be the case. The power was off most of last night and this morning so my computer was almost dead, and we had a fast start to the day, so I didn't get to post this morning...so here goes!

Last night was rough. I think it was one of those circumstantial things, not so much just because of the kids. Rose woke up around 11 crying. She was hard to console (nothing like a few nights ago), but within a few minutes she relaxed again. Martin woke up at 1 and after a few minutes I realized he had wet the bed (that is enough of a reason to wake up). So I got everything changed and got him back in bed, but between then and 3 he woke up two more times...which meant I was beside his bed. She then woke up again...I think it is about 4...but was not to hard to get back to sleep. Martin then woke up at 5:40, said he needed to go potty...there is nothing really unusual about that, but what happened next made the night good for me...he got back in bed and didn't ask me to come sit by him. He popped up a couple of times for a few seconds, but then quickly laid back down...within a few minutes he was asleep. For those of you that have been following the blog over the last couple of weeks did you catch the fact that he DIDN'T ask me to come sit by him...that is a HUGE step. Maybe that step won't be taken again for a while, but at least I know it is in his bag of tricks.

We left this morning at 9 with Farouk to go to the attorney's office. Let's just say that it took a little (lot) longer than anticipated. The bio father, his brother, and a driver (who is a friend) were coming to talk with the attorney and me (and Farouk). We wanted to make sure everything was ironed out before court. The meeting went well (although it started about 6 hours after it was supposed to). It ended with the biological father saying, "I give you these children" It was a very sweet and touching moment.

We then got back to the guest house and the kids got to play for a little while before supper. After supper we went through our normal routine. Martin initiated the fact that I was going to sit by the bed. So I laid Kamyrnn Rose down...she lasted about till her head hit the bed and she was OUT, and proceeded to get Martin ready. He laid there for a few minutes and said, "Eyes here" Meaning he wanted me to look at him. I was facing where he could see the side of my face and my eyes, but I was not making eye contact. Immediately he started whining...I knew it was because he was not getting what he wanted and not because he was scared. BUT I had grace and started telling him, "Daddy is here! Everything is OK". While saying that I had a cool God moment. As I am saying that phrase this is what I felt...daddy (our Heavenly Father) is here, EVERYTHING is OK...God always gives us the reassurance we need. After I worshipped for a second, Martin started bucking...literally like a horse bucking. I started taking away the things that were on his bed (toys) and he started becoming defiant. As I said he was not scared...that was obvious...he was just trying to get his way (which honestly I can handle a lot better...because I ain't letting that happen). So eventually I said, "You close your eyes, be still, and quit whining and I will put your toys back" Within a few minutes the snoring started.

Again I believe most of the fears are behind us. I think he feels secure, I think he feels loved, and I believe those have come from prayer and because of the prayers God has worked on his little heart (and protected him). Yes there are more changes coming for him, BUT I think he will easily again find that security. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! You have fervently petitioned the Father on our behalf & as always He has been faithful!

I am going to bed now (after I wake Martin up and let him go to the bathroom) and I am believing we will have a good nights sleep!

LOVE YOU ALL! Tomorrow marks 2/3 of way through of Kasey being gone!
brad

FYI...I am tired so I ran spell check, but I didn't proof this post...please excuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment