Friday, July 1, 2011

Mixed Emotions

This is Brad...Today was an interesting day filled with mixed emotions. I talked to our lawyer this morning and we are confirmed for an August 23rd court date. The good news is that is just over a week after the courts come back from holiday, so we do not have to wait for a long time. The bad news is...well it is after the courts come back from holiday. I found myself feeling mostly down after talking with her, we were hoping for a miracle (and we know that if it is in the LORD's will then a miracle will happen). I am feeling better now, but still long for home.

I am feeling now like it is time to settle into our new home (for at least part of our family even if it is for a short time). I have had Jeremiah 29:5-7 on my mind (even before I left) about planting yourself where God has you (even though we are not in exile, it is hard being away from home) and praying for the prosperity of the city. I guess having to resolve myself to the fact that we are going to be here a while means that during this time God does have something for us to do here. Pray that we are open to whatever it may be.

It can also be a good time to continue to allow the kids to adjust before we come home. The more English Martin knows and the better grasp that the kids have on boundaries will allow the transition to be even eaiser.

Thanks for your prayers, we feel them!
Brad and Kasey

1 comment:

  1. Happy July, good people, At least there a definite date. Obviously, God has something for you to do besides bond with your kids. Growth for sure. Trust for sure. Many blessings will come your way. You are blessings. Love you guys big time. tim

    ReplyDelete