It looks like Kasey is about an hour and half or so from DFW. Waiting there will be Mama J and Papa J and probably the two most excited kids in the world! I wish I could just see that reunion...6 weeks is a long time for a momma to be away from her babies.
Our day here was up and down, both emotionally and behavior wise. I do think after about mid-afternoon we turned a corner on the behavior. There is still the fear at night which is why I am sitting on my bed typing this instead of on the balcony. I think having me where he can see me right now will help...although at this point it has not yielded sleep. Pray for him obviously because I want him to feel secure, but also because this is my time. I have 2-3 hours a night that I can talk to people in the US...now that includes Kasey...without any interruption. I know it is mildly selfish, but I need that time!
After I knew Kasey was almost to Detroit my emotions got much more under control. When I talked to her before she boarded the plane I just burst into tears. We have laughed/been frustrated because Miss Kamrynn Rose has the ability to throw an ALL OUT fit and then immediately turn it off and be an angel. I told Kasey that is how I have felt today...one minute fine, the next crying, the next fine, the next crying. But I can honestly say I feel so much better knowing Kasey is almost home.
I also feel good because (barring a bad night from the kids) this day is pretty much over. I told Kasey and my mom today that it was hard today because none of this journey by myself was behind me. What I mean by that is I could say one breakfast, one morning, but that was REALLY depressing to think about. Waking up tomorrow I can say that one day is completed with all its moments and emotions. I also will be able to say I made it through that day.
I didn't think I was going to be able to because of someone we were going to go see tomorrow (the uncle of Martin and Kamrynn Rose wanted to see them/us) but I am getting to go to Watoto tomorrow because that meeting got cancelled. If you know me you will realize how different this is than my usual self, but I most looking forward to worshipping through song. The music has been the most healing thing for me and as some of you know I am someone who usually gets way more out of the preaching of the word (which has been great there, just not what has spoke to me the most).
Well barring any other thoughts this is good night for the blog! Love you all...
brad
AND...I think Martin made it to sleep while I was typing!
Saturday, July 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment