Today has been a great day - by far the best here. The kids here have been very responsive- Martin is learning more and more English, which is making things so much easier. It's amazingly hard to set boundaries and expectations with someone who doesn't understand!! But, he's adding more and more words and is understanding commands and requests! We went through his flashcards tonight and he could name 49 of them, and knows probably 50 more that we don't have flashcards for.
Kamrynn is doing well too. She is throwing less fits, which is pretty impressive for an 18 month old. She's too funny! She's giving kisses and says "I love you" all the time!
One of the hardest parts of this journey for Brad and I is being away from Kate and Sam. God has blessed us immensely with them and we honestly love being with them, so it is very hard to go through day after day without holding them and loving on them. I never imagined it would be this hard. Brad and I both have had some hard, good cries over missing them. But, Skype is a wonderful thing. We have been able to talk to them every day and they are doing WONDERFUL! They are so strong and brave. They are handling this way better than most kids would. We are so very proud of them. They are so happy - they have been with Mama J and Papa J camping this week -swimming, going to the movies, getting new shoes - They may not want us to come home - they are getting spoiled! Thanks to all of you who have helped take care of them and those who will be. We could never have left for this long had we not had such an amazing support group who love and care for our kids back home. We are so thankful for you all.
Tomorrow is the day we were suppposed to go to court. It's hard to think about, but we are learning more and more about God's strength and His blessing of endurance! We are still praying and hoping to be home soon. We are waiting to hear from our lawyer to see if August 23 is for sure our set date. We are hoping she calls and says the judge will see us sooner! That would be awesome! But, my prayer today was that God would show me how to be content here. I am so ready to be home, but I know He has much to teach me here. After some good time in the Word this morning, I have felt so much better. I do feel contentment beginning in me.
We love you all! Have a great day!
kasey (and brad, martin, and kamrynn rose)
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We are praying for you everyday. Know that you are missed so very much! God's timing is always perfect. We don't always understand but we can always count on him for everything. We love you guys more than you will ever know. You are so special. See you soon.
ReplyDeleteI find myself checking your blog so many times a day I feel like an addict. I would like to say I understand what you are going through, but I have no idea. I miss you all, love you more, and pray for you continuously. let me know if I can help with Sam and Kate.
ReplyDelete