So...today we had a very fulfilling day. We went to Lugazi to the school that Martin attended and got to see how our church will be able to bless them. Right now, the school only has one bathroom for the children and they are working on another, but didn't have the funds to continue. One of their desires is that the children will have a place to wash their hands after going to the restroom. So much we take for granted. They are so excited to be able to move forward with their project.
During the afternoon, we went to Jinja to the transition home our adoption agency has set up there. What an incredible place with incredible, loving staff. We stopped at the markets beforehand to buy supplies for the transition house. Rainbow Baptist...YOU purchased mosquito nets, blankets, sheets, towels, diapers, soap, detergent, cooking oil, vaseline, fabric for curtains, DVD player and DVDs and 50 kilos each of beans, rice, and sugar!! And... we still have more which we're going to use for an additional cooktop, bikes, laundry baskets, and a wheelbarrow. AMAZING! They were sooooo grateful and the kids were so cute watching Peter Pan. They've had a TV but nothing to watch movies on. Brad hooked it up and they all sat in awe. It was so neat! Part of the money had been wired here earlier last month, which bought bunk beds and bedding, in addition to food. You cannot imagine how far our offering is going. God is blessing. We have lots of pictures so you can see your ministry at work! Thank you to an amazing church family!
In between those ministry opportunities today, we stopped at a roadside stand for rolled eggs for lunch - basically a fried egg in chappati bread, which is like a flatbread/tortilla. It is my favorite thing here - so good! Anyway...I was at the stand with Farouk, our driver and friend, while Brad was in the car with the kids. A guy taps him and says something and Farouk starts laughing and points to the car. He then looks at me and says "This man says you're young and wants to know if you are taken or if he can have you!" He told him my husband was in the car. I could not keep from laughing! We all got a good laugh out of it. After the guy saw Brad, I think he was glad he was laughing and not mad. Farouk told Brad that other days we've been out that 3 other men have commented on me being young and wanted to know if I was available! It boosts my self-esteem a bit, I must say! JUST KIDDING! It is pretty funny - I think it's just because I'm like exotic here - I stick out just a bit!
I hope you're having a good day! We love you!!!
Kasey
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well Kasey Reedy, I believe your are exotic right here in Glen Rose. I can't believe you were able to purchase so much for the school and the transition home. I take so much for granted. Counting the days down till you get home. Love you.
ReplyDeleteIt is awesome what is being done for the school and transition home. I am so happy. AND...I think you would be a great catch for anyone...those men over there are pretty smart if you ask me. Brad is a lucky fellow and it may get pretty serious over there with all the men fighting over you. Good thing you are coming home soon. We miss you! See you soon. By the way, I put lots of goodies in your classroom today. Dont know what we are going to do with all of it...still it is fun to get new stuff. Kiddos will be excited!
ReplyDelete