So Kasey mentioned last night about the sugar cane...well we tried it! The cook at the Emmaus House (Winnie) showed us how to shuck it and eat it. We have pictures on the web album (by the way if you want to be on our web album send me an email brad@rainbowbaptist.com and I will add your email address so you can access it). So if you have never eaten sugar cane here is the best description I can give. First of all you just chew it and juice comes out of it. You swallow the juice, which is obviously sweet, and you spit out the flesh of it. What I thought was funny is I asked our cook how you eat it so she told me. Martin wanted a piece, I gave it to him and proceeded to try and tell him how to eat it...Winnie looked at me and says, "He knows what to do..." And she was right, pretty funny! Someone described it as his bubble gum...pretty accurate! BTW - Me and kids like it...Kasey does not!
This morning we went down to eat and they asked Kasey what we wanted...she said french toast (which is amazing)...Livingston (one of the guys in charge) said, "It is always french toast with you!" Later Kamrynn Rose had run out of juice and he grabbed the cup to get her more. Kasey told him she would get it and he said, "I wake up in the morning to serve you, you are trying to make me not have a job." We love the people here, they are awesome! They make the days so much more enjoyable!
Hope you all have a great day! Love you!
brad
PS - I want to thank all the people that have been stepping up and serving at RBC. I keep hearing about who is doing what to fill in the gaps. I want to say a special thanks to my father-in-law (Jerry Neill), Rob Daniels, Mike Davis, and Herman Merritt for all stepping up and filling in preaching! I have all the sermons downloaded and when Kasey leaves that is going to be one of the things I do to pass the time.
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Mike said to tell you that he loved "stepping up" and if you want him to again, just let him know when. Loved the video.
ReplyDelete