Today has been a day of post...so why not one more
We saw for the first time tears from our little boy. I had made the comment to Kasey the other day that he doesn't cry. He would fall, scrape his knee, but no tears, no nothing. Well today was the first day for it. He seems to have jammed his finger outside this morning, but didn't say a lot about it. Well this afternoon Kasey noticed he was writing with his right hand (if you didn't know he is a lefty), so she asked what was wrong looked as his hand and touched his little finger and immediately he winced and tears started flowing. I went and picked him up and held him and comforted him (as did Kasey). I know it is a WEIRD thing to think is good, but it showed a level of vulnerability with us that has not been there. It was awesome (not the jammed finger, but the reaction). He is also beginning to relax when we touch or hug him (before he was stiff as a board and not receptive at all to our affection). NOW he comes and gives us hugs, kisses, and wants to sit in our laps and have us hold him (which doesn't last long because the boy is STOUT). I had a friend tell me to rejoice in the little victories...this is a more a milestone!!
As far as little bit, no crying tonight when going to bed (that is not just a milestone, we may set up rocks as a remembrance for that one).
Love you all...thanks for caring for us! Someone said we are probably tired of hearing that we are missed...NO WAY! Every email, every comment, every facebook post/message keep us going like you don't understand! We love getting on the net and seeing that our friends are thinking/praying for us! Thank you all SO MUCH!!
brad and kasey
Sunday, July 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We do love and miss you...no doubt about it. We also rejoice with you and worry with you. It is all a crazy mix of different emotions for me and I know that is magnified for you. I think about ya'll all day long and send lots of prayers for you. I am hoping and praying things continue to go smoothly and you are all home soon! Love you
ReplyDeleteI am finally home. Too many days (only 5) without being able to catch up with you all twenty times a day, makes for a very emotional time. You are missed. Still praying for you, and now for Kasey's sweet new friend. Please let me know if there is anything here we can do. I pray God wraps His loving arms around you and your new little family. May you feel His Grace and Mercy every waking moment and awake each morning (and naptime) with a renewed sense of purpose.
ReplyDeleteWe love you and miss you too. We pray for you everyday and know you are in the hands and loving arms of our Heavenly Father. We dedicated our shoes for orphans this morning and collected 82 pairs of shoes and 24 pairs of socks. How awesome is that? Herman is taking them to Mesquite this week. I leave Thursday to go to my sisters in Houston for about 2 weeks. Although I'll be away from my computer remember I will be praying for you everyday. Love you and will see you soon. Phyllis
ReplyDelete