Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The girl

I am sitting on the end of Martin's bed making sure he is asleep (not quite sure). Today has been good. There have been four episodes, but none of them turned into what yesterday was. As a matter of fact two of them were just him pouting and snapping out of it himself, both times he didn't get something he wanted, I ignored his attention getting behavior and he did snap out of it. The last one was at bed time and it was the worst of the day, but didn't take but about a minute in timeout (which took 45 and 20 minutes yesterday) for him to become compliant. The third episode was before supper. There was something he wanted and I don't remember what now and he wouldn't talk to me. So I took him by the hand with Kamrynn Rose down to the dining room. I ask Livingston if he would start her on supper while I took Martin back up to the room. He said yes (he is awesome). (What happened with Kramrynn Rose and Livingston is the point of this blog, but I will finish the other story first.) I brought him up to the room and within a few second he was talking to me. It has been a very different and cool day for him. He has had his moments (what kid doesn't), but he coped with them MUCH better than any other time he has had them. I know there will be days like yesterday, but hope is my theme these days and God gave it today.

Now when we got back downstairs Rose and Livingston (Livingstone to his Uganda friends...which I like) were outside. Livingston was on all fours bear crawling around Rose and she was laughing hysterically. Martin and I start laughing and we go in to eat. Livingston looks at me and says when you left she got quite and was just looking around. His take was she was wondering where daddy went. So he took her outside to entertain her...and she was fine.

I tell you that story because I thought this morning most of the post are about Martin, which usually the harder things get our attention and that is why. Also that is the BIGGEST point of prayer for us here. Then Kasey says that her and my mom and sister were laughing yesterday because I had posted about Martin being my son and nothing about Kamrynn Rose, that is because the bond has been there already and tonight was a confirmation of that. That little girl can be a stink pot, but she is SO cute and sweet (most of the time). She is so easy to love (which her brother is to when he is not stubborn). I just wanted you to hear how she was and that is good!

I love all 4 of my kids and can't wait to have them all together. I am pretty sure he is asleep now, so I am going to go outside and talk to the other part of me and completing part of our 6 person family...that is Kasey if you were wondering!

As for me, this morning I was exhausted and I have been emotional all day. I could tell that was going to be the case from waking up this morning. God is so good, because had my state of mind been mixed with yesterday's fiascoes it would have been much harder. Keep praying that the days that are hard with the kids I have that little extra, and the days I am struggling they are good (God always provides)

God Bless...
brad

1 comment:

  1. No doubt the struggles are hard. Reminds me of what military families go through for months on end & uncertainty of whether their loved one is okay. Even though what you are going through is hard, take comfort in God's rest & the fact that many other families have faced similar struggles and all came out safe & together at the end. We love you all & can not even express how wonderful it was to see Kasey!

    ReplyDelete