So...we're like stalkers on our balcony. Our balcony is at the front of the guest house. At night...we sit out here waiting on kids to go to sleep. As people are coming and going, we overhear conversations, see them picking noses, etc. We are on the second floor and it is pretty high up, so most times, people don't know we're here. It's pretty entertaining. Brad says we're like old people - people watching.
Please add something to your prayer list...We are continuing to "plan" our next weeks here in Uganda. As I was laying in bed last night praying over it all, I felt God lay on my heart to bring Kate back when I come for court. I know I'm going to sound like a mom saying this, but those who know her well will understand. She's one of the most incredible kids i've ever been around. (Sam is too...he's just Sam!) She is so spiritually mature for a 7 year old. Every conversation we have with her she tells us how she's praying for us and family has told us how detailed and precious her prayers over us have been. She truly has a heart for what's going on here. I felt God laying on my heart to give her a chance to minister and bless here. I will only be here a week when I come back, so she wouldn't miss much school and it would be easier on Sam with us all being gone only that week. There are several details we have to work out- expediting a passport, immunizations, additional expenses, getting a plane ticket, etc. But like everything else with this journey...we know if this is God's hand in this, it will all work out. I know we are blessed to have prayer warrior friends/family, so add this to your list. By the way...we are not telling her yet, because she would be so excited and then very disappointed if it didn't work out. So if you see her, please don't mention it. We'll let you know when we decide for sure and tell her. Thanks!
We love you all! Talk to you tomorrow.
Kasey
Monday, July 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

ooooh, I love to people watch. How fun! I think it would be wonderful to take Kate. What a wonderful experience. I do not think that she is too young. I think that she is just the perfect age to go, see, experience and remember. I know she would be sooo excited! I pray that it all works out. We would love to take the boys to China with us, what a wonderful experience. But, the cost is outrageous and we do not think it will be possible. There is no way that we could take one without taking the other. Love ya'll and talk to you later.
ReplyDeleteHey Reedys, I identify with the people watching... I'm the one picking his nose. The other night on our date to grocery shop, we went to dine at this luxurious restaurant-- Wendez French place, i think. There was a family with 3 kids, one on the way. How can anybody afford 4 kids-- pun intended. So, I'm watching mostly the little boy in the highchair who is quite content, looking around, entertaining himself,then sees me. After that,he doesn't take his eyes off me. Then, I became the one being watched. I talked to him , but he never said a word, mesmerized. I have that affect on people. Something not so random, I (we) miss you terribly and love you immensely. God with you all! tim
ReplyDeleteReading this and Brad's next post this morning really brought back some precious memories of when God first brought the Reedy family into my life. The strength, perseverance, faith and sweet spirit that you guys shared with all of us in those first wonderfully scary days at Good Shepherd Hospital touched my heart more than I could ever describe. And of COURSE you should bring Kate back with you! That child was a miracle from the time she drew her first breath and I can't wait to see how God continues to use her to serve Him and share His love with others. We really miss you guys and would love nothing more than to be with you right now. Thanks for the updates. Know that we're praying, literally without ceasing. Love you guys....
ReplyDeleteIn His Love and By His Grace...
We love that sweet girl!! She is an incredible miracle! What a joy it would be for her to return with you! I am SO praying for that! We love you guys!!! Hang in there!
ReplyDelete