Sunday, July 10, 2011

How 'bout the pastor's wife skipping church?!

Yep...I skipped church today. Some of you may be mortified! We had an interesting night last night - About 2:45, Martin starts screaming the most horrified, blood-curdling scream and is on top of me in our bed. He is screaming something in Lugandan, but he is talking so fast, we can't make out any words. He is pointing to is bed, so we figured there was a bug or something. So, we proceed to take his bed apart, finding nothing. We finally calm him down, and convince him to go back to bed. 5 minutes later, the whole scene repeats. So we check again. This time he's pointing to the wall above his bed. We move the bed out and check by the wall. NOTHING. He did get back in bed, but by that point, I was so shook up that there was no more sleeping for me. He didn't really go back to sleep either. Thank goodness Kamrynn did after talking for a bit. And Brad was able to go back to sleep. This morning at breakfast, we asked the cook to ask him in Lugandan about it. He said there was a snake on the wall. That would freak me out too!!! There was no snake - we think he probably dreamed it and then maybe saw the shadow from a crease in his mosquito net on his wall.
So... this morning I decided to keep the kids home. We haven't been getting back from church until midafternoon which is too late for the kids to get a nap and still be able to go down at bedtime. They didn't get their nap yesterday either, so I decided it was better to get them rested. So...I'm sitting here at 2:20 with 2 sleeping babies and waiting on Brad to get home.

We are also supposed to have a visit from the probation officer in Lugazi - she is supposed to come check on kids and us every 2 weeks until they are completely and legally ours. I am nervous because she is very serious and hard to read. Everything will be fine because this guest house and staff are excellent and kids are doing great. But, formal appointments always make me nervous. I do better in lighthearted situations. I have ordered tea to be served this afternoon, which should be fun. I feel so grown-up!

I'm sure we'll post later, but I wanted to say good morning and I look forward to seeing you all soon.

Kasey

No comments:

Post a Comment