I know, I know, it's always about food! That's probably why I've gained about 10 pounds in the past four weeks! Tonight at supper, I asked Livingston, one of the cooks how they make the fish here, because it's amazing. Basically, he marinates it, batters it like normal and then he says "I fry it in just butter." Holy moly, no wonder it's the best fish I've ever eaten! I'm so trying that when I get home! Barbara, I would get take out if I could! It's great. I told Brad earlier that I know it's time for me to get back eating right because all I can think about is what we're going to have at the next meal!
We've had good day today. Martin told me at lunch, "Mommy... the butterfly is in the sky." I was so proud of him! He's doing so well with his English!! He started off the day like a wild man, so we thought it might be an interesting day with him, but he's been awesome! He even tried a rigatoni noodle at supper without much coaxing! We are making serious progress!! Kamrynn Rose gave Brad her first unprompted kiss today. It was precious! She's had quite a day today. Brad made the comment tonight that she realizes she's losing the war, so she's fighting harder, which is so true. She's been used to being the boss and she is testing limits right and left. She's learning for sure though, it just takes time. She is starting to use words for things. Whenever we first got here, if she wanted a drink or up on the bed, she would throw herself into an all out fit. Now she will say "drink" and "up" and other 1 or 2 word phrases. We have seen a huge improvement in her language and all around communication. She is also answering yes/no questions by shaking or nodding her head (which her cheeks jiggle because they're so big!) She's a mess!
We are thankful tonight for all 4 of our kids. Kate and Sam are doing so well. They are at Brad's parents this week and are getting to go to VBS. Kate is so excited because the offering is for Uganda orphans, so she's taking her tooth fairy money! So sweet! And Sam is Sam - he loves Skyping and showing us how big he is!
Brad wants everyone to know that for the first time in 4 years, he woke up with bed head! He's planning on getting it cut with Martin tomorrow if we can find someone to cut Mzungu hair!
Take care and have a great day!
Kasey and Brad
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment