So... we got back a little while ago from our day out. Brad preached this morning at a little village church. We really enjoyed the church. Brad preached from the Beautitudes and did a great job! The children sang several songs, which I videoed and will share later. At the end of the service, the pastor of the church told Brad, "Silver and gold have I none, but such as I have I give you." He then proceeded to hand 2 pineapples to Brad as a gift from the church. So sitting on our bed in our room are 2 pineapples!
Also in our room is a GIGANTIC sugarcane. People cut it up and sell it on the roadside - it is peeled and they chew it to get the juice out. Brad mentioned to our driver a couple of days ago that he wanted to try it. Today, we're leaving the village and there is a man on his bike with several sugarcanes on the back. Our driver, Baker, pulls over and tells Brad they are going to buy some. So...sitting in our room is a sugarcane that's about 4 feet long and hard as rock. We're going to have to have someone teach us how to get into it! I wish you could all experience all that we are - there are really no adequate words!
Today has also been a good day with the kids. Martin's English has taken off today. He's been answering questions and using many new words. Our favorite thing today was him showing us his wit. As Kamrynn Rose was kicking him, he says "Daddy's nice, Mommy's nice, Martin's nice, Rosie's nice." (and then starts shaking his head no!!)
We cracked up! It was fun to see him tell us a joke! We were very encouraged! And Kamrynn traveled much better today - I can tell you she is going to HATE the carseat! They don't use them here and all she wants to do is climb all over. We're working with her on sitting in the car, and she did much better today! She also sat nicely at the restaurant, so much progress was made!
We love you all so much!
--Kasey
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment