Sorry to disappoint if you were hoping to read a blog post from Uganda. It's boring old me here in the US! I, along with all of you have been addicted to Brad's posts from across the ocean. I have laughed and wept as you have, reading of his days spent in Uganda. I am so proud of him for all he's doing and the man that he is. I don't know very many men who would tackle such circumstances, but he's doing an AMAZING job and I am so blessed to be on this journey with him.
We are doing well here in Rainbow. We miss Brad, Martin, and Kamrynn Rose and are so ready for them to be home with us. Kate is super excited that she gets to come back with me in August. And Sam is as funny as ever. In fact, out of the blue today he tells me "Mom, when God made me, he used hot glue on my belly button, so it definitely won't be falling off!" I laughed until I cried! That kid is hilarious! I have enjoyed getting to spend some precious days with my babies here. God gave me what I needed during my separation from them and is blessing our reunion. He is giving me what I need daily to be away from my other 3 in Uganda, and I know He will bless my reunion with them as well.
It's amazing to see what God is teaching us through this process. I think the biggest thing so far is dependence on Him. Most of you know, I hate being by myself and usually am scared to stay by myself. I have been totally fine here since returning from Africa. I can feel His protection and am finding it's a good thing I'm not in control! As hard as this journey is at times, it's so worth it - not just because of Martin and Kamrynn Rose, but because of the things I am learning. I am seeing characteristics of God that I haven't experienced before. I'm so glad He isn't done with me yet! I'm so glad He still wants to teach me. I hope I'm being a good learner!
Thanks for your prayers and encouragement. We love you!
Kasey
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment