So God reveals things to us in different ways and different places. Here in Uganda we have had many revelations of God, His character, His word, etc. I had one on Sunday that I have been waiting to share...so here it is.
It is another part of the gospel (not a different gospel, because there is only one, but another way to look at it and the impact of it). While we were worshipping with our brothers and sisters at Nkokonjeru something hit me. The people were singing and obviously I could pick out a few words (OK really two...Hallelujah and Amen, other than that I had nothing). God then reminded me of Genesis 11, the people of the world were together and unitied. They were one tribe, one tongue, and one place (the problem was God had told Adam and Eve and then Noah to spread out over the earth to be fruitful and multiply). The people then decided that there was nothing that could stop them, so they wanted to build a tower to the heavens (The tower of Babel). Their pride lead them to build the tower (not to mention that they had not obeyed God in the first place). So God decided they needed to be scattered and even more impactful they needed to speak different languages. So the people were then confused in language. So the recap is this...because of sin God confused languages and people were not able to be unitied (as humanity was meant to be). So that is the bad news...the good news (as always) is Jesus. Jesus comes to reconcile all things, which He did through His truimph of the cross. Now we all know that truimph has not found its full completion (by that I mean we haven't seen the end result yet), but it will. So the Good News is that Jesus' blood will unite humanity once more, but this time it will be those that trust in Him for salvation and life. And once again we will all speak one tongue and our words will be praise to the (our) Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit because of what they have done!!
Let your words (no matter the language) be a glimpse of heaven because they are praise to God...and remember Jesus is always the Good News, no matter what the bad news is.
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

B and K, I just got all caught up on the blog and have laughed and cried! I love you so much and am praying fervently for you and all 4 of your chilren's!
ReplyDelete