Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The day so far...

Today has been a weird day. I emailed Kasey when I got up this morning and told her that just about every morning I wake up with knots in my stomach. I don't know if it is the unknown of the day ahead, missing the rest of my family (especially Kasey), or Satan just trying to bring me down early. Through the day it typically gets better.

Well this morning was no different. On top of the fact that I am exhausted. The time is taking its toil on my body. Don't get me wrong I always have what I need to get through the day, just maybe not with the gusto I would like too. Plus last night was not a bad night, but Martin didn't sleep the whole night...so between 3-4 and after 6 he didn't sleep, which means I didn't. NOW the very positive in that is that he did not get stubborn or defiant. I think we are finding our way at bed time...my prayer is for more full nights of sleep then times of sleeplessness.

The kids have been good today too. Martin has been more responsive to what I am telling him. I don't know if yesterday bonded us a little closer and maybe he is feeling a little more secure. I do know that there will be more days like yesterday, I am just hoping that they become fewer over the course of the next 3 1/2 weeks (I am on day 5 without Kasey and if the courts stay on schedule only 25 more).

He even is laying in his bed right now watching Barbie...the boundaries are big right now. He didn't fight me and went very willingly. I told him I was proud of him for listening and obeying and being a good boy and he smiled and gave me a kiss. This part of the day is much better than yesterday...victory!

I am going to close my eyes for a few minutes, I am hoping a power nap gives me some refreshment! Thanks for your love and prayers!

I also want to say for those of you non-RBC people and if you are an RBC person and aren't in this loop, pray for Logan Starnes. He is struggling right now and we are praying for the LORD's intervention. Also pray for his wife, Effie. They are some of the most precious people in the world, so remember them in your prayers as well!

Love you all more than you know...
brad

No comments:

Post a Comment