Friday, July 22, 2011

One Flesh...

So I think the biblical command that a man and woman should become one flesh means a whole lot more to me now. When you get injuried and your flesh is torn, it hurts and often times it hurts (or at least is uncomfortable) until the wound heals. Well as I was thinking about that today I thought about how bad it hurts to have my other half gone from me, and I know it won't be completely healed until I am with her again. BUT I know the purpose for which we are doing it (and they are both asleep right now) and I know in the grand scheme of things it is a short time!

We went to the zoo today which was awesome! The kids had a blast. We also sat under a gazeboo over looking Lake Victoria (the 2nd largest fresh water body in the world) and talking to our wonderful friend Farouk. We then had a great dinner, which Kasey can say her last dinner in Uganda (for this trip) was by candle light...it was getting dark and we were outside and so they brought out a candle, but it was romantic! We then took Kasey to the airport and her and I cried...alot. Actually on the way to the airport I was in the front and I reached back and grabbed her leg and as I was holding it I just started crying (I am pretty sure she was too). Farouk told her as we left her and we (Kasey and I) were crying, "Take heart, it will not be long." I think the phrase take heart is going to be my new slogan!

Anyway her flight should be in the air by now (11:45 Uganda time). I will post when she gets to Amsterdam, which should be about midnight or 1AM Texas time.

It is going to be a hard month for all of us. On the way home Martin ask Farouk (in Lugandan), "Why is mommy not here!" We have been telling him what is going to happen, but at 4 it is not real till it happens. There is really no preparation, but he and Kamrynn Rose are going to fine!

Here is a prayer that I want you guys praying and it is for my health. Being in a foreign country with two kids I think this is something that needs to be lifted up. I know you will along with the other things that go along with this adoption, seperation of the family, etc, etc!

Thanks and we love
brad

BTW...you are probably going to get lots of blog post over the next 4 weeks...as God brings things to my mind this is the best way to express them. Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. We love you, continue to pray for all that are involved. Post a lot, I am totally addicted to this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my brothers and sisters, We continue to pray for you all.Especially now,as the trail separates, but we know it will once again and soon come back together to the same path. Love you big. tim

    ReplyDelete