What a day! I, along with Brad, cried most of the last 2 days. I told Brad I feel so torn with my family spread out. I was so sad leaving Brad, Martin, and Kamrynn Rose and then so excited about seeing Kate and Sam. I had a hard time seperating my emotions, so I cried - happy and sad tears. It was hilarious in Amsterdam when boarding my Delta flight to US, the flight attendant said "Welcome to the US - when you step on this flight, you are in America". I started bawling! Don't think he was prepared for that reaction!
From Detroit to DFW, I sat next to a precious woman who was such an encourager to me. She asked where I had been and I shared our story. She was amazed to hear all that has gone on, and pointed out where she saw God moving. She got my contact information and said she wanted to continue to follow our journey. She was such a blessing to me.
And then...oh my goodness, how I needed the greeting I got at DFW. I start walking to the baggage claim and I see Kate and Sam as they see me for the first time. They both start jumping, running, and screaming "MOMMY" and then jumped on me and kissed and hugged. I don't think there was a dry eye in the entire baggage claim area! We definitely were the center of attention. Sam keeps telling me "I'm so glad you are home" They have been by my side all day and are sleeping with me in my bed tonight.
Then...I get back to Glen Rose, and was overwhelmed as I walked into my kitchen where I had a table full of goodies, giftcards, pampering stuff, a plant, and then a counter full of groceries and a NEW FRIDGE full of groceries! I have the most amazing friends! I was completely blown away! It's been quite a day.
I got to talk to Martin and Kamrynn Rose who both said "I love you mommy" I'm ready for all my babies to be under the same roof!
And to my sweet man...I love you and am praying without ceasing for you. I know you have all sensed how hard this is for him. He is more than capable of taking care of te kids - he's an amazing dad. It's just that being so far away from home and being in an unfamiliar place is overwhelming and emotional. I am so grateful to have him on this journey with me. I cannot imagine doing this with anyone else. I pray for him to be refreshed through worship tomorrow at Watoto. I know God is using us in Uganda - this is all in His plan.
Thanks for following our journey. And thanks for your prayers for my safety today. It is good to be home, loving on my kids here. It has refreshed me in a way I needed. I love you all and will talk to you tomorrow (to some of you in person!)
--Kasey
Saturday, July 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It warms my heart so much to know that the 3 of you are so close and all in 1 bed together, yet still torn until the other 3 are here. Love, hugs & blessings!
ReplyDelete