Thursday, July 21, 2011

Faith of a child...

So last night seemed like it was going to be the same kind of night. We got home late from a long day (we saw bio parents, went to the foster parent's house, and then went to the Karama House - we took bikes out there to them...that was fun). We then came back to Kamapala and had supper at the Game (a restaurant). We had a burger (my first one here), it was a little drier then the ones we eat in the states, but VERY well seasoned...as I said last night I liked it enough I would eat it again.

So we then got home and went straight to bed. Kamrynn Rose was already asleep (so that was easy) and when Martin laid down we could tell he was nervous. Kasey and I went outside to call and talk with Kate and Sam and pretty quickly he began crying out. Kasey came in while I was talking to Kate and Sam. Then I came in while she was talking. Then she came in while I was talking. When she came in she assured him that Farouk, Livingston, and Alfred (as well as mommy and daddy) told him that nothing was in the bed and that we were going to the zoo tomorrow and he had to sleep. She patted him for a minute and then he went to sleep. While she was in with him I told Kate she needed to pray for Martin because he was scared and not able to sleep. She said (because she is more spiritual mature than most of us) let's pray right now. So she did. She prayed that he wouldn't be scared and that he could sleep. Daddy was crying (which wasn't the first time last night and it wasn't the last).

I said in the post yesterday that we wanted him to feel secure in us and that that security would lead him to feel secure in his Heavenly Father...it seems that last night was a BIG step in that direction. He trusted us (he woke up at 5:15 and I told him the same thing Kasey did and he didn't wake up again) and the prayers from so many of you, us, and others brought the security of the Father to him and God was truly with him!

Thanks to all of you...I won't post again till probably mid-afternoon Texas time. We are hanging out here this morning, then going to Entebbe to the zoo, then after supper we are taking Kasey to the airport to head home for a few weeks (4 to be exact, but who's counting). I am ready for my better half to hug the other half of our kids! Today is going to be an emotional day, but this step has to happen before we can get before the judge and all go home!

Continue to pray for August 23rd that God would protect that day and we would be before the judge and God would give us favor before him.

Thanks for everything!
Love you all
brad

No comments:

Post a Comment