Saturday, July 2, 2011

To the kids...

First of all Kasey is much better...I think the retro active, God outside of time, 8-hr time difference thing was a success...but our God is always a success!!

I have come to realize in my time here, just over a week of it, that about every few days (sometimes less than that) I will hit an emotional wall, which leads to no words being able to be spoken without tears. I am not talking about just tearing up either, but I am talking about the kind of cry that makes your whole body convulse. Something that most of you probably don't know is that after all is said and done we are going to print out these blog post (with your many encouraging post) to have for the future to look back on. So with that said I want to speak into the future of what will be. So this post is for all to read, but it is more for the kids to read when they get older.

First of all Kate and Sam...I know these days seem hard without mommmy and daddy at home. I know that sometimes you get sad and miss us. What I want you to know is that we love you more than we can ever express. I know you are ready for your brother and sister to be home, just today I said to you guys, "Are you ready for all 6 of us to be together" & your faces lit up with excitment. I just want you to know it is extremely hard for mom and me to be away from you for this long, but often times our journey to wholeness comes with many valleys...our family will soon be complete this valley won't last long.

To Martin and Kamrynn Rose...More and more you are becoming our kids, you always have been, but what I mean by that is we grow more each day to know your little personalities, to understand who God has made you to be. We also are coming to understand the things God is calling us as parents to purge you of...no stubborn are the words we use often. Your affection for us is growing as well and each day growing to love you more and more makes this journey a little easier.

To all 4 of you...We love you! We love you and are willing to go to any links to bring this family together! Whether it is being away for a short time or coming to a foreign land to rescue you.

Kasey had a thought last week at church. How hard must it have been for Jesus to leave His home for 33 years? We can't even imagine that difficulty, but He did it to rescue all those who would follow! For Kasey and I this short part of our life is meant to rescue these precious children, our precious children...

Your daddy and mommy!!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, really. I am home alone and crying like a baby. Brad Reedy, I thank God for the day He brought us home to the church you are at. Listening to God gave me wholeness in my marriage when I came to Rainbow, friends I will have for the rest of my earthly life and a chance to know your family. Now, on a much more "Brad" note, I have been making homemade jelly for you, but if you don't hurry up and get home I will bust. I have NO ONE to cook for that enjoys it like you. I love you, Kasey, Kate and Same and thru your beautiful blogs, Kamrynn and Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many hugs to you all. Still praying daily for all 6 of you. And to Nannie, if you need to cook for me in Brad's absence, I will volunteer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brad and Kasey, what an amazing journey y'all are on! I remember many years ago, at pinewoods camp and super summer, thinking what GREAT surrogate parents y'all were to me for those couple of weeks and how I KNEW y'all would be great parents whenever y'all had your own children. Now look at y'all with 4 beautiful kiddos!!! I hope one day I get to see y'all again and meet those sweet children!

    ReplyDelete