Sunday, July 24, 2011

Good Day

This may not be my last post today, but if it is I am spending it talking about good things happening in Uganda.

I had told Kasey yesterday that I just really felt like I needed to have some fun with the kids. Yesterday was one of those days that I just couldn't fully engage with the kids because all I could think about was Kasey getting home. I wondered if that feeling would last and was hoping it wouldn't.

Today I woke up feeling better (as I said earlier) and I truly had some fun with the kids. We laughed, goofed around, and just enjoyed the day. We also got to talk to Kasey, Kate, and Sam after they got up. I made the kids hug Kasey because I just needed to see that. We also told Kate that she was coming to Uganda with mommy in August...let's just say she freaked out! It was awesome!

We just got in from outside...where Martin drove Kamrynn Rose around in the stroller. While we wer outside Martin saw someone, I couldn't see who it was from my angle. He said hi, because he always says hi to everyone (and so does Kamrynn Rose). I ask who it was and he shrugged his shoulders. I ask again and he said, "gate" and pointed in the direction of the gate. I said was it Francis (who is one of the securities guards. He said yes. Shortly after that here comes Francis walking around the corner. I was proud, he used his English to explain himself and let me know who it was! It was pretty cool.

Kamrynn Rose enjoyed the ride and almost fell asleep. She is also doing well. One of my fears when Kasey left was her fits. What had been happening is whenever she would get disciplined (something taken away, told no, put in timeout, whatever) she would throw a fit and usually whoever (Kasey or I) that disciplined her could not get her to stop screaming, but when the other person would step in and say stop...she would. So I thought if this continues there will be no one to stop her fit till August 21st when Kasey gets here (OK that is exagerating, but you get the point). Well of the 2 or 3 fits she has thrown since Kasey left (which is tha tis awesome too) almost immediately I can tell her to stop and she does...PRAISE THE LORD!

I have felt all your prayers. I feel resolved and ready for the journey ahead...our God is good and He will get our family through this tough time!

Love you all...God Bless...I pray that you have had/or will have sweet times of worship today in the States!

brad

No comments:

Post a Comment