Saturday, July 16, 2011

Everlasting God

"Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord.
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord.
Our God, you reign forever
Our hope, our strong deliverer

You are the everlasting God, the everlasting God
You do not faint, you won't grow weary.
You're the defender of the weak, you comfort those in need,
You lift us up on wings like eagles."

This song by Paul Baloche is now one of the most precious of songs to us. As we were at the Saturday night service tonight at Watoto (our church away from home), they led in that song. Brad and I were both overcome with emotion as the Lord revealed himself in a mighty way to us. He is our defender, our strength, our comfort, our deliverer, and HE IS EVERLASTING! And, the comfort that came from knowing our strength is growing through this waiting. The waiting is the hardest part here - Brad and I both like a timeline, and that's not happening! But, God is strengthening us as we go, reminding us to depend on Him and wait on Him.
As we proclamed those things in song, I found that I could not get my hand high enough in praise to Him! It was a sweet time of worship for us both. I'm so thankful for the way God is revealing Himself to us. We've heard that song a million times, but the words have never pierced us in the way they did today.

The band led "Made Me Glad" during the offering with a saxophone leading. It was beautiful and Brad and I both sang out loud, even though they weren't singing. That was the song God gave us during Kate's traumatic birth and journey to cochlear implants, so it was neat to worship in that way tonight as a reminder of His faithfulness and blessing on our family.

We are winding down, sitting on our balcony. We have a busy day in Lugazi tomorrow. Brad's preaching and then we are visiting one of the families the kids stayed with for awhile. Please pray for stamina as it will be a long day! Of course, for us, Sundays always are!

We love you all and thank you so much for all you do to love on us! We are truly grateful and honered to call you our loved ones!!

kasey and brad

1 comment:

  1. I, too, am grateful and honored to be among your loved ones. Thank you for you! God with you all! Strength Will Rise! Love you! tim

    ReplyDelete