Sunday, July 24, 2011

the night...

I keep asking for prayers for Martin, but that is where the prayers seem to need focus. Last night it was a struggle to get him to go to sleep, but ultimately it was not that bad. When Martin decides on something you cannot talk to him because he won't talk to you. So I tried to tell him how good of a boy he had been and not to be stubborn now, but that didn't work. Eventually he snapped out of it and went to sleep.

At 5 this morning he woke up and did the same thing as he did last night wouldn't talk and was being very stubborn. Finally he said mommy...which makes me have a lot more empathy...I understand missing Kasey because I miss her so much, but I know we will see her again soon. I think history tells him not to trust anyone. So I texted her and we skyped her so that he could see her. He relaxed after that and laid down but by that point was awake enough that he couldn't go back to sleep because he kept looking to see if something was there. So I laid down with him and he and I finally went to sleep probably somewhere between 6:30 and 7. We probably would still be asleep if Rose hadn't woke up.

Speaking of Kamrynn Rose...at 5 this morning after we had talked to Kasey I went over to try and get her back to sleep because she was woken up in the festivities. When I got over there I realized she had diarrhea that had come out of the diaper and onto the blanket she was laying on as well as the one that was on her. I put her on my bed...then it is was on my bed. I got her cleaned up she went back to sleep. She had a little more when she woke up at 8:10. She acts like nothing is wrong so I am just going to see what the day holds for her.

Thanks for your prayers and letting me vent on here!

love you all!
brad

1 comment:

  1. Prayer. Brad, there is a reason for this I am sure,but I can't begin to fathom it. I do know that there are not many fathers I know that could do this, but I know you can. I have watched you with Kate and Sam, I have watched you with my grown children and my grandchildren, you are filled with God's love and compassion, but you need your sleep, you need some "alone" time and so I pray God send you relief.

    ReplyDelete