Sunday, July 31, 2011

He is faithful

This is Kasey. Brad asked me to post today because internet has been down for most of the day in Kampala. It's crazy - the internet will go down randomly and be down for hours at a time. He thought it would be back on at 6pm there, 10am here, but by 10 pm there, 2 pm here, it was still down. So...no skype today. We did get to talk for a few minutes from the Ugandan phone before his airtime ran out. And we couldn't even get through on his US phone. So, most of our communication today was via text messages. I told Brad I think maybe God was telling him to go to bed early! Seriously, he needed sleep and I have been praying for rest for him, so I do think God may have been using the communication issues for that purpose. So, he did go to bed early, so hopefully he's sleeping soundly!

I asked yesterday for you to pray for strength and endurance for Brad today, and God heard and answered in that way! They had another GREAT day, at church and at the guesthouse. Brad seemed very energetic and was doing very well. The kids were asleep in a reasonable amount of time tonight, which was great as well. I was so encouraged by all of you letting me know you were praying for him and I shared that with him today. We are so blessed by your prayers and support!

Tomorrow they are going to see bio family and then going to the transition home to play with the kids and take some more supplies. We always love going there, so that should make for a good day!

Brad talked with our friend and driver about our court today. He said the judges are still on schedule, so August 23 still looks good for our case. He visited with Brad about how things go with court, and it was an encouragement to Brad. It's good to talk to someone who's been there and seen things, since it is all new to us! We are so very thankful for Farouk - God has really used him to minister to us!

Here in Rainbow - We are doing great. We had a wonderful morning at RBC - God is moving and working there and it is exciting to be a part of. We saw a video Brad sent over and I'm pretty sure there was not a dry eye in the whole church. Thanks, babe! :) We are going to Fort Worth tomorrow to go school shopping - Kate and Sam both grew so much this summer and are in serious need of clothes! And I need some as well, so we're going to try to score some good deals tomorrow! We are also going to get Kate's yellow fever vaccination for her trip to Uganda. 3 weeks from tonight we will be reunited with Brad! I cannot wait to see her face when she sees him! I'll tell Brad to have Farouk video it! It will be a sweet time! Sam is excited to stay with a friend here. He told me last night he wants me to stay lots of nights so he can play with Wesley and sleep at his house! I'm glad he's excited - it makes leaving again a little easier!

I hope you are all having a great Sunday. I'm off to the kitchen to try and make chapatti bread - my favorite African cuisine! I'll let you know how it goes!
Love you all!

Kasey

1 comment:

  1. Just thought I would stop in to let you guys know we are constantly praying! We love you guys! Hang in there!!! Can't wait to meet those sweet babies!! Not long til all 6 of you will be together! :)

    ReplyDelete