Today was very busy! We left Lugazi at 6:15 to get to Kampala and beat the traffic! We didn't arrive there until 8:20 and it is only about 30 miles! This area is very overpopulated, so it's crazy driving! Meetings went great with the attorney and the embassy introduction. I was nervous because the kids are very active and I wanted them to be calm so that I would look exceptional! :) They did well and te lawyer even said she was amazed at how bonded they were after only 2 days. She asked Martin who I was and he said "Mommy!" She asked if he wanted to come live with me in the United States and he smiled huge and said yes.
Rose cries now when I leave the room which is awesome! I know that sounds awful, but it makes me feel like we are getting so close!
I am ready to see all of you again, but this is an amazing trip so far. I have learned so much and am truly appreciative for all I have! I stick out here unbelieveably. People call me a mozungo (spelling?) That's the word for white here and they act as if I'm a celebrity. When I am walking down the road, literally people flock around me and follow me! It's hilarious! And all the kids ask for "sweeties" because they think all Americans have candy! So if any of you want to send candy with Brad, I'm quickly running out!
Thanks for following. I'm going to try and put up a picture. I know this is a private blog but I'm still hesitant to put their faces until they are legally ours, but I have one of their backs. Rose is so little in height - about the height of a 9-12 month old, but is fat! She is more like 18-24 around the middle. Martin is about a 5t. I know some of you have wanted sizes, so that's what I know! Thanks agian for all the prayers and support!

Oh my gosh! I love seeing the picture. I am in tears now. I am so happy they are bonding, that is def. a huge answered prayer. The whole experience is unbelievable and once again...I am so happy for ya'll. I am curious...are you going to continue to call her Rose or will you gradually begin using Kamrynn (unsure of the spelling you are going to use right now). We love you and are sending prayers your way all the time. See you soon.
ReplyDeleteOh Kasey (and Brad)! I, too, am in tears! I LOVE you and am so happy for you! God bless you and keep you safe. May His face sine on you and give you peace!
ReplyDeleteAlso wondered about what name to use and spelling. I too can't stop crying. I don't know why I seem to put God in a box, obviously I need to grow in my faith. Those little angels, i can't wait to play with them, love them, and hug you again sweet friend.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing the beautiful pictures with us. They are precious. I am already in love with them. I am so happy to hear that they are bonding so well.
ReplyDeleteLove and miss you,
Cindi