Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Lugazi

This is Kasey starting off... what a day! When starting our adoption we were told Africa worked on it's own time schedule. "Africa is Africa" We experienced that today - our driver was scheduled to come at 11 and didn't come until 2:30! We went to Lugazi, the kid's hometown and bio parent's home. I showed Brad where I was living in Lugazi. It was a good visit and a good day, but pretty hard. Please pray for Kamrynn and Martin- they have seen and lived through so much. I can't even imagine what all they've been through. I am thankful to be their parents and am ready to get them to America!

This is Brad...today was harder than I could have imagined. We have been in Kampala since I have been here. Kampala was a major culture shock for me, but Lugazi is a whole different world. There were children as young as 2 lining the streets, there is meat hanging at the outdoor 'markets', our dirt roads in the country would be highways compared to the roads in Lugazi.

Then there is the bio parents house. I thought Kasey was exaggerating the size, but she was not. It is an 8x5 mud hut with no floor. There is a small bed and at least 4 people live there. They are people that love their children and want the best for them. I am amazed at their sacrifice for these children. All they want to know is that they can have contact and updates with them, which we are MORE than willing and wanting to do. Our driver (a Ugandan) was amazed at the conditions they are living in. Someone from their country is amazed that their conditions are so bad, that tells us how bad they are! No pictures or words can desbribe it!

I am also amazed at my wife. She is so strong to have done what she did before I got here. It has been an incredibly eye opening expereince. We shoudl all be grateful for all the LORD has given us, because it is more than you realize!!

Love you all. Thanks for the prayers and support!
Brad and Kasey

2 comments:

  1. Strength comes from the Lord, never is that more realized that now. For the biological parents, for those precious children, for Brad, Kate and Sam. But, right now, at this moment, for my wonderful frister Kasey. I love you and pray for you ALL many times a day. Strength, a wonderful gift from God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunday at church I was teared up just seeing the 4 of you and just now... well, I am amazed by you (both of you). Thank you for allowing me to experience this through you.

    It's a blessing that just when I feel downtrodden and frustrated, God sees fit to show me what all that He has given me.

    I love y'all, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete