Friday, June 10, 2011

I'm here!

Thank you to all who have been praying for me- I am settled in and doing very well! My flights were smooth and I was welcomed by the most precious face when I arrived in Entebbe. I am truly appreciative of my new friend, Farouk! I got my money exchanged, computer and phone set up and had a great lunch today. Afterwards, I went to the market to buy water and diapers for baby girl! I was planning on going to the village today, but have decided to stay one more night in the city - to get rest and touch base with family at home in case I don't have internet access in the village. Because once I get to the village, the children will be staying with me, so I need to be rested. The people here are the most friendly I've ever been around. They keep saying "You are welcome here" which makes me weepy! It was hard today in the city to see the hundreds of street children begging for food, some as young as 1. My heart is already touched by this country. I will never be the same again after seeing what I've already seen. Thanks for your prayers!
Love,
Kasey

No comments:

Post a Comment