Right now we are very much continuing our routine. The days seem faster that way and it progress is being made, especially in the area of learning English. I (brad) underestimated the difficulty of teaching a child English from almost scratch. It is harder and sometimes frustrating, but I have to remember that when I am learning something new it takes repetition, and when you are talking about language that is all the more true.
In the coming days we will be going to visit Lugazi (their home village). I (brad) will meet the biological family, the foster families, and Pastor Barnard who was one of the blessings for Kasey while she was in Lugazi.
We continue to wait for our court date confirmation. And continue to believe God for a miracle. The truth is it is really hard to believe this is going to happen before July 15th when the courts go on vacation, but I know God can do anything. If it is His desire it matters not what I think. I know He can and that is enough (or at least it is going to have to be)!
Kate and Sam are doing very well. They didn't care to talk too us much last night (basically just hi, a little about their day, and that they love us) because they were playing and having fun. As weird as it sounds it makes Kasey and I both happy that they don't want to sit and talk with us very long...it makes us know they are doing well and having fun!!
This is Kasey...I am so enjoying Brad being here! I have realized how exhausted and run down I was now that I can breathe a little easier! Bridgett will appreciate this...it makes me feel good that we are almost to July. When I come home in July, it will be almost August and court should be in August. So, basically, looking at it that way, we are almost home! I am starting to realize that this is not eternity - it just feels like it some days! Thanks for your continued prayers and support. We love you so very much!
Some of you have asked ways to contact us. We have access to both our emails: kaseyreedy@gmail.com or brad@rainbowbaptist.com. You can send us messages or wall post on facebook. Or if you want you can call our Ugandan phone (international rates do apply), you dial 011 256 782 131747. Sometimes it takes a few times to get through...it may sound like a busy signal or it may just sit with no noise and all of sudden someone answers.
Love,
Brad and Kasey
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Still praying for you and if it helps to know I'm still struggling with English myself. Today is our 36 wedding anniversary--love last a long time. God with you. Tim
ReplyDeleteKasey D'Ann....I am in awe of the work our Lord is doing in your life. I have gone back and read the last several weeks of your posts today to get caught up and am literally weeping all the way through. What a powerful and life changing journey you have been on! I have read every word out loud to my Nanny who is here in Houston with us and she is in tearful awe as well of the struggles and triumphs you have faced. I am so glad that Brad is with you now. I know that was a long awaited relief to have an extra shoulder to lean on. I will continue to pray for all specific needs that come through on your posts. I love you and your family so very much my sister. You just might hear from us soon on the phone...thanks for sending that info...just need to figure out the time difference!
ReplyDelete