So before Kasey left (the first time) I made a comment something like this, "No matter what, time will continue to pass, it will not stand still." (barring any miracle from God...hey it has happened before, but I think it would have been a curse not a miracle in this instance).
Well time never stopped (early on I would I have told you it slowed WAY down), so here we are. I am on my 83rd day in Kampala, Uganda (before my flight takes off I will have started my 84th day...I am counting it!), and I at this point am taking every moment in.
Yesterday we went to Lugazi to say good bye to some good friends. It was a GREAT time. We laughed we talked, it was fun. I got to talk with bio parents and they were so very gracious and thankful...pray for them, I can't imagine how hard this is. They are coming to the airport to say bye, so we will have one more opportunity to say bye.
On the way home I had a flashback to coming to the Emmaus House for the first time after getting off the plane. Kampala at night is very distinct! I sat looking out the window. I was sitting in the same seat, same situation (Rose asleep on my lap and Martin sitting beside me), but my heart was completely different. I found myself looking at all the places and having fond memories. I told Pastor Barnard and Isaac yesterday that I am not looking back on our time here with bad memories, but with fondness. It is funny to say that now because it was such a hard journey, but God has shown me things I would have NEVER seen, been able to experience, and He has changed me in ways that I never could have been changed just being in the US! These last 3 months have been a blessing, not a curse. The have been hard, but God has seen us through. We would have never chosen it, but God used it and now we are closer to Him, closer to the people He is calling us to be, and our family will soon be united.
Kasey asked me when we changed our flight if I was going to preach on Sunday...I wonder if anyone who knows me thinks there is anyway I would stay away from that pulpit on Sunday! So for those in RBC here is your sneak peek...Philippians 1:1-11...and for those not at RBC know that this prayer from Paul is the way I feel about ALL of you!
The last experiences (for this trip...yes we are coming back) are happening...the last time to Lugazi, the last nights sleep in this bed (and it was the best nights sleep I have gotten), the last time hearing Martin wake up and say, "Can I play de game", we are going to go eat our last breakfast soon. It is amazing the joy and feelings I have for Uganda now...God has truly blessed us here!
BUT alas it is time to go home. It is time to be with the WHOLE family. It is time to see Kate play soccer. It is time to play with Sam. It is time to see Martin's excitement from being in America. It is time to see Kam-Ro in a car seat (yes that is one of the experiences I am most looking forward too). It is time to see ALL the kids together. It is time to hug, kiss, and just be with my wife. It is time to get a LARGE beverage (preferable ICED tea). It is time to sit in the same seat I have been sitting in the car and be the driver...not the passanger. It is time to have stop lights (there are stop lights here, but let's just say it is not like home) and organized driving (instead of organized...I use organized LOOSELY...chaos). It is time to not have people coming up to my window asking me to buy things (things like...posters of Africa and the anatomy (which is my personal favorite), airtime for cell phones, sunglasses, kid's toys, car chargers, sugar cane...what is funny is as I type this I may actually miss this a little). It is time to get up in the morning and have a routine for the day. It is time to see family. It is time to see friends. It is time to prepare sermons. It is time to preach. It is time to be the pastor of RBC again. It is time for so many things!!!
This part of the journey is ending, BUT the journey has just begun. Not just because we have 2 more kids now, but because the journey NEVER ends. Each step we take is part of the larger journey...the journey that God has called us to. The journey that ultimately leads us to Him. The journey that should each day be making us more like Him. The journey that when all is said and done leads us to worship at the throne of grace that we have seen but a shadow of on this earth! Take YOUR journey. Ours went through Uganda (and I have a feeling will keep making stops here)...what about yours? Is it progressing you to the Father of all things that loved you so much He provided A path (I say A because there is but one) to Himself through His son Jesus Christ? Walk the path that God has laid before you!
As they say here...Safe Journey! God Bless!!
LOVE YOU ALL & we will be home soon!
brad
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment