Sunday, September 11, 2011

Psalm 119:49

It is about 3 PM on Sunday afternoon...we just got back from church and it was a joy to worship (as it ALWAYS should be).

We had a great night (no wake ups again). I actually text Kasey about 5:30 AM (9:30 PM Texas time) and told her it was the first time I had woke up...that was awesome! God is giving good rest and allowing us to have good nights and days.

It is less than a week till we get on a plane...that makes me SO happy. I have been reminded the last few days about God's promise to me that we were getting on a plane September 17th! So last night I continued in our new family tradition, that of reading scripture over the kids as they sleep. Well what I have been doing is reading Psalm 119, which is broken up into 8 verse segments. Last night I read Psalm 119:49-56. Verse 49 says, "Remember your word to your servant, in which you have made hope." God's word is first of all His written Word (and we should always stand with it as our reason for what we do), but God's Word also comes from His Holy Spirit. My confidence in us getting home this week (man that sounds good) is based not on my reasoning, rationale, etc (because let's be honest NOTHING in this process has gone according to reason (at least our reasoning), but is is based on God and what He has said.

Pray with us...tomorrow morning we go to drop off a passport and legal guardianship papers that each have misspellings. Pray that Freda (the lady at the Embassy) accepts these and that we have our visa interview tomorrow. Pray also that at that interview (which will be around 2 PM) they grant the children's visas. If that happens, then we will pick them up on Wednesday and I will cry, dance, sing, shout, jump up and down, and really any other emotion or physical response to the kind of joy I will have!!

Pray...it is (as always) in God's hands!

LOVE YOU ALL
brad

2 comments:

  1. We will be dancing and rejoicing in rainbow as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much of a dancer, but definitely will be celebrating with you. God with you --Peace! Love you and safe journey! tim

    ReplyDelete