I like creative titles...it is obvious I have run out...
Today was a good day. Kam-Ro and Martin were both VERY good. The only hiccup was during nap when Martin turned off the DVD player and the rule is if you turn it off, daddy is not starting it again. So he pouted for a little while, but AMAZINGLY when Kam-Ro woke up and it was snack time (and I TOTALLY ignored him, even turned my back to him) he eventually came over very compliant and didn't have another problem the whole day.
The other good thing is that he is going to bed tonight just like any other night the last few weeks...just pray that nothing wakes him up. He was VERY tired going to bed, so as long as nothing stirs him in the night we should be good. The power is off, but the last few days it has not stayed off for more than a couple of hours. It has about 4-5 hours till they would shut off the generator, just pray it is back on by then!
God has still been teaching me in these last few weeks, but they have been things that will come out in time, mostly having to do with RBC. Here is something he taught me yesterday and I didn't get a chance to blog about...so here it is...
Anticipation is a crazy thing! I have FULL confidence in God bringing about all the things over the next week and half that it will take to get us on a plane September 17th and back home the 18th! As I think I said before this is a confidence (and faith) that I feel like is from God Himself. Every time I think about it, it is like God is standing right before me assuring me this is HIS WILL! It is an assurance stronger than any I have ever had...it is not man made...it is from God. NOW saying all that, there is still anxiety, stress, and anticipation that comes from waiting for these things to come to pass, that is only human nature.
So my thought was what about Jesus (which is never a bad thing)...what about the fact that as a boy in the temple with the religious leaders (hypocrites, whatever) He knew He was going to the cross. When He called Judas as a disciple he knew that this was the guy that was going to betray Him. When He walked into the temple, He saw the people that would incite the riot and the ones that would yell, "Crucify Him!" What about the fact that from as early as Jesus could remember (I mean that in the human sense of being able to process information), He knew He would go to the cross. What stress to live with! What an incredible burden to carry! What an incredible Savior! So although mine and Kasey's (and so many of you walking this journey with us) stress is real and it is GUT WRENCHING at times...Jesus! That's all that needs to be said! "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weakness, but one who in every respect as been tempted as we are, YET without sin!" Hebrews 4:15
LOVE YOU ALL...keep praying...tomorrow is a VERY big day!
brad
BTW - Hebrews 4:16 goes on to say, "Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." I consider this a time of need...and how awesome that we can draw near to the Father!!
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment