Well in the last two days we have had a whopping 4 hours of power (not provided by the generator). So last night they turned it off at 12:15, so I was awake a lot of the night ready to talk to Martin...the problem (and this is a problem I will take every night) was that he never said a word. A couple of times I think he woke up and rolled over and a couple of times he popped his head up, BUT never had a problem. My prayer was for power and for him to sleep all the way through the night...in my opinion, God answered the better one!
Kam-Ro woke up a couple of times, but quickly went back to sleep, so that was all good as well.
Our travel agent is working on our flights for September 16th...I think it is awesome that two weeks from today I will be waking up on the day that we are leaving! I told Farouk yesterday, "I love you people (you people is the way they refer to others here, so that is not rude), but I am ready to get home." He said, "You have been here too long, you must go home..." and smiled that great Farouk smile and gave me a hug!
I think the next two weeks will be a time of reflecting, it has been a wild, crazy, hard, encouraging, stressful, growing experience (and that is just the start of the adjectives to describe it).
Can't wait to be home! Can't wait to be with ALL the family! Can't wait to be with our AMAZING church family at RBC! Can't wait to preach! Can't wait to see what God is going to do on the other side of this journey!
LOVE YOU ALL
brad
Thursday, September 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You may have to "wean" me off the blogs.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait till u all are home cause i been saving a bunch of hugs for you all. God with you Peace! Love you! tim
ReplyDelete