Thursday, September 8, 2011

A First...

So I just laid Martin and Kam-Ro down for the first time as officially my (our...don't want to leave Kasey) children. At the ruling today the judge said, "I am granting legal guardianship, with the stipulation that you do reports every 6 months on the welfare of the child for the court." The whole time I am nodding and saying, "Yes, your lordship" (that is what they are referred to as). He said, "You keep saying yes, but we have had people who have not done them. So when you come back for more children and if you haven't done them, I will deny your request" The whole time he was smiling and laughing and so was I. I was also thinking...we need to get these home before we think about more! It is funny to have to have a court tell you that they are your children (when we have known for so long), but hey that is the process! And here is the rest of it...

Our lawyer said they are going to work to have the paper ruling tomorrow...if that happens and we have time to get the passports then we should be at the Embassy for our exit interview on Monday. If we can't get all that tomorrow then we WILL (I have confidence in what God is doing) be there on Wednesday. It will take 2 days to process the visas so then by Wednesday...at the latest Friday...we will have visas in hand!

Continue to pray for the Orphan Investigation (which probably is done by now) and the Interview. Both should have ZERO problem, but again I want everything we do to show our dependence on God!

I think this is funny too. The 2nd time I talked to Kasey Farouk was around and I gave him the phone. He said, "Glory be to God...I don't have many words...but I will dance for you" He proceeds to start dancing, Livingston (who was standing with us) and I start laughing...very fun moment! I think dancing is a MORE than appropriate response!

Thank you all for your CONTINUED prayers...the journey isn't over, but this makes us officially parents of 4!!!

LOVE YOU ALL
brad

1 comment:

  1. It's funny you should say the journey isn't over, because I have already made shower invitations stating
    THE JOURNEY HAS JUST BEGUN.
    lol

    ReplyDelete