Friday, June 28, 2019

Fri-yay Pizza Day

So today is a day to relax and try to get our bearings down and sleep schedule shifted.  We woke up around 8 and ate an incredible breakfast.  Fresh pineapple, passion fruit juice, pancakes, omelettes, and more.  If you are thinking that's a lot of food you would be right, we were all stuffed.

After that Kasey and I sat outside with the Word and enjoyed God's beautiful creation, while spending some time with our good Father! There is something incredible about being in a place that the pace is slower and when you look out you don't see a concrete jungle (even much different than small towns like Glen Rose).

We then walked to the Italian Market, which we went to several times while here in 2011.  It is 1.55 miles on very hilly terrain. I know some of you are thinking that's not relaxing, but again the beauty & the slow place make even that relaxing.  They have Italian gelato, which is crazy good.

Then we went to our favorite eating place, Caffe Roma.  We ate brick oven pizza,
 which makes most other pizza seem like Totino's (which I like Totino's, so I'm not hating!). We had a precious server, Stella.  We told her that we have missed this pizza and could not wait to have it again!!  She was so amazed that we enjoy it so much that she went and told management. We mentioned that we would be back next week, possibly on Tuesday.  She told us before we left that because we love it so much, when we return on Tuesday, she is giving us a pizza free!  We also saw the place we would go and let the kids play at Caffe Roma.  It is very similar, with just a few changes.  We stood there and just enjoyed the memories and seeing the kids play 8 years later!

We had a great conversation at lunch about how people here really take time to get to know you, and it's because of the slow pace.  We all talked about how we want to take that home and spend more intentional time knowing people.  All of our kids have been so embraced by people here.  They have received many, many hugs and all love it.  Even Martin, our non-affectionate kiddo, is giving great hugs and enjoying it!

I think I know what some of you are thinking...gelato, pizza, that seems like you should have gone to Italy.  Which brings me to tomorrow, tomorrow we will be going to the kids village and to the market.  We will also be going to the church we attended here, Watoto.

Tomorrow begins the part of our trip that we are most excited about.  We get to go and see the villages, we get to step into a world that is so different and refreshing than ours.  We will see people that have nothing and yet more joy than I probably will ever understand.  We will see people that have to trust the LORD for their daily provision and they don't stress about it.  While today has been a GREAT day, tomorrow will touch our hearts on a level that we will not be able to explain.

I want to trust the LORD that way.  When Jesus said to pray, "give us this day our daily bread," he was possibly thinking about people and places like this.  People that would fully depend on Him for even their most basic needs.  I want to live that way.  Even in abundance (which we have), I want to depend on the LORD that way.  I want to not stress about anything, because I know the LORD has it in His hand!!




No comments:

Post a Comment