Friday was an incredible experience. We got to be with churches and pastors from all over the area. Pastor Bernard had put together a conference to help encourage and strengthen people in the local churches, as well as the pastors. While we would have loved to have been able to spend more than the one day with them (it was a conference that went from Wednesday through Saturday), we thoroughly enjoyed being with them for the short time we could. I had the opportunity to speak and shared how the entire Bible is one unified story, pointing to Jesus, about Jesus, and how we live and walk in the path He set for us. We didn't get to stay the whole day because Sam got sick (he is totally fine now, we just think he was a little dehydrated), but were so encouraged.
Saturday was Kasey's favorite part of our trip so far, so I'm going to let her tell the story...
We went to Jinja and got to meet 48 of the cutest kids on the planet, ranging in age from preschoolers to high schoolers. They are the kids who live at Lifeline of Hope Children's home. Our friend, Livingston, helps with that home and when we found out about them, we knew we wanted to meet them. We went shopping before for some basic food things they needed and some sodas, because that is a treat! We were greeted with singing, dancing and signs they had made welcoming us. We were able to spend several hours just playing and laughing with them, and we had an absolute blast!! Brad and our boys met with the boys and me and our girls with the girls, and had a few moments to speak identity in Jesus to them. It was a precious time. We so hope to go back at some point in the future.
Today, Sunday I had the opportunity to preach at Buikwe Faith Church. I preached there twice in 2011, so it was so good to be with them again. Pray for this faith family. They are getting ready to build a church building. They are also going to build a school, as they house a girl's school to try and give young girls trades to help them support themselves financially.
We then went back to Lugazi, where the kids are from, and got to go see some precious friends Isaac, Maureen and Paul. Isaac and Paul are two of Pastor Bernard's sons. Isaac is the director of Canaan High School in Lugazi. It was parent's weekend, so parents had come to see their kids. They were also doing a talent show to entertain the parents, so we had the opportunity to experience the celebration of all the kids and parents being together. Kasey, Kate, and I even got pulled up on stage to dance with some of the performers.

After getting back home...well I'll let Kasey tell you this part as well...We got to see our sweet friend, Winnie and meet her baby! Winnie was the cook at the guest house we were at for almost 4 months in 2011. She quickly became such a sweet friend. She is one of the people I most wanted to see again this trip. She is one of those people whose sweet spirit touched my heart in 2011, and she will forever be a friend. We had a great visit and I got lots of sweet baby snuggles! We shared momma stories and it was so good for my soul! I cried when she left, and hope to see her again sooner than later!
Tomorrow we are going back over to Lugazi to visit the schools. It will be a great day as our kids see schools here and share about schools at home!

I was happy to see the Reedy family again, and am looking forward to seeing them again in Lugazi tomorrow
ReplyDelete